McKenzie Martial Arts is home to THREE world class organizations:
GRACIE JIU JITSU EUGENE - PROGRESSIVE FIGHTING SYSTEMS - COMBATIVE FIGHTING CONCEPTS
Research= Exploring. Learning. Growing.
The mission of MMA is to spread Jeet Kune Do, Gracie Jiu Jitsu and Filipino Martial Arts in order to:
Preserve and perpetuate the martial art and philosophical teachings of the founder of Jun Fan Gung Fu and Jeet Kune Do, Bruce Lee.
Preserve and perpetuate the Jeet Kune Do Concepts and Filipino Martial Arts as taught by Guro Dan Inosanto.
Preserve and perpetuate the self defense system of Gracie Jiu Jitsu as taught by Grand Master Helio Gracie and handed to us by Rorion, Ryron and Rener Gracie.
Our mission is to produce peaceful and productive members for our community through the philosophy and teachings of Sigung Bruce Lee and the Gracie Jiu Jitsu Family. Confidence, Patience and Control are the foundation of a community that takes care of one another. WE ARE ALL ONE.
Adam Roberts -Coach/Sifu/Professor/Guro
- President and Co-founder of CFC and owner of McKenzie Martial Arts
- Progressive Fighting Systems Regional Director: Pacific Northwest
- Descendants of the Masters Regional Director: Pacific Northwest
- Level 2 Gracie Jiu Jitsu Inst. under Rorion, Ryron and Rener Gracie
- Professor Rank: Gracie Jiu Jitsu
- Apprentice Level 3: Under Guro Dan Inosanto
- Senior Instructor: Filipino Martial Arts, Jun Fan Gung Fu, Military Edged Weapons, Filthy MMA, LEO and ETGS
- Certified Gracie BULLYPROOF Instructor
- Jeet Kune Do, Self Defense and Gracie Jiu Jitsu Inst. University of Oregon
Adam has been coaching athletes or nearly 20 years in a variety of sports and youth programs. He was first introduced to Gracie Jiu Jitsu and JKD in the early 1990s, but at the time martial arts was more of a hobby. After finishing his college basketball career, he started training formally at Fairtex, the world-renowned Muay Thai School in San Francisco (1997). In 2000, he further expanded his martial arts training by starting his JKD instructorship training with Sifu Tom Cruse. With a strong passion for training youth, Adam soon realized the value in opening a school that would combine the unique and contemporary styles of Gracie Jiu Jitsu and JKD, and thus created McKenzie Martial Arts. Since it’s opening, Adam became the 1st Certified Gracie Instructor in the Pacific Northwest and was the first martial arts instructor ever to be honored as one of the “Top 20 under 40 rising stars in business” in Lane County. In addition to running his own school, Adam is also the Gracie Jiu Jitsu and Jeet Kune Do instructor at the University of Oregon.
Coach Terry- Sifu/Guro
- Vice President and Co-founder of CFC
- Head Inst. McKenzie Martial Arts
- Senior Inst. PFS. Highest Ranked in Oregon
- Apprentice Level 3: Under Guru Dan Inosanto
- Descendants of the Masters Rep. Oregon
- Certified: Filipino Martial Arts, Jun Fan Gung Fu, Military Edged Weapons,Filthy MMA, LEO and ETGS, BULLYPROOF
- Instructor of Self Defense: Lane Community College, University of Oregon
Terry began his martial arts training at a young age participating in the typical traditional arts, but did not find his true calling until 1994 when he was introduced to Sifu Tom Cruse and JKD. He spent years training one on one with Tom, dissecting the fight game, and developing a teaching style all his own. After 20 years of involvement with the Progressive Fighting Systems, Terry was awarded his Senior Instructorship by Sifu Cruse. Having a passion for empowering women and youth, he joined forces with his training partner Coach Adam and formed McKenzie Martial Arts in 2009. Coach Terry has taught all over Oregon including, Albany, Portland, Lane Community College and University of Oregon.